Blackberry Games Online!

ShimmyShine

Definitely one of the nicer looking sites posted on this board.  The fluid layout works pretty good too. One thing that stands out immediately is the transparent footer area with a few links, not really sure why those are there to begin with. The colors are nice.  I think some of the content areas are a little boring.  Try to style up your tables a little bit. You may also want to add something to the main index page.  Overall looks appealing.

Thank you!

The transparent footer area once I get payed hosting will only have the orange links (Not the black mauricehost.info text).  Those are the users logged in.

Yes I agree content areas are rather boring aswell.  I plan on once I get the main features done, touching it up with some good looks!

What do you suggest I add to the main index page?

Thanks!

Shimmy

Stating that the website is one of the best looking in this forum seems like an overstatement to me. I can agree that most of websites here are posted by beginner web designers and we are struggling for a good one, but it doesnt mean the actual website is among the best. Surely it isnt bad and if its aim is only to be used in blackberries, then its fine, but it still is a very simple layout.

And you commentary does nothing but criticize my opinion of the site.  I certainly didn't say it is the best, but looks better than most of the garbage that is posted.  I understand most people here are programmers and not designers, but this site was styled up with some nice elements.

You may try to critique the site instead of critiquing my post. Saying that it is "simple" does nothing to help the developer. 

Actually there's not much to critic there, thats why i went on for a "simple" way and i wasnt criticizing your post, that was an opinion on the site. Anyway im a designer and when i make a critique, i make it based on standart levels, not relative to this site posts. As i previously said, the site is a very simple 2 columns layout with very little content and graphics, so the effort of giving suggestions would be poor. Probably its me, but i like to "review" sites in which ppl have put some hard work, have lots of content, instead of very simple or unfinished ones.

Dont want to start flames, just giving my opinion. Cheers though.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.