Main site user submissions

Sorry, that will not happen. This is also related to the guru discussion and the thing about removing post-based ranks. We would like to ensure that good content is being posted to the main site and we cannot ensure that by allowing everybody to post. By only allowing people who we have selected ourselves, then we can be more or less certain of the level of quality. I'm not saying that anybody who is not in a special group is crap, but it's the best solution we've been able to come up with.

Hmm... that could work. I'm also planning on making a code snippet repository which will be open for user submissions as well. Actually it's already half-developed.

Blah! Code snippet repo? I'm still not fond of that idea.

Maybe we could allow members to have small blogs, and promote worthy content to the "front page" after peer review? Slashdot has done very well with that model.

Yeah something like digg where we can vote things to the front page. The top tutorials sites like pixel2life and tutorialized have a submit form. You input the tutorial info and it is approved or rejected. I am sure you could find some active members willing to help approve and reject tutorials.

as far as user submissions go, you could just have a special sections of the forums for it, and have the special group be bale to add it in the main site, since this already uses the code and everything, the framework would already be in place.

all you'd need to do is a form that submits the data into the database for the special group on the site, pretty basic really

as far as user submissions go, you could just have a special sections of the forums for it, and have the special group be bale to add it in the main site, since this already uses the code and everything, the framework would already be in place.

all you'd need to do is a form that submits the data into the database for the special group on the site, pretty basic really

That would probably be the easiest solution. Have a forum where only new topics (no replies) can be made and have staff promote them to the main site if they're good enough. If people are up for that, then I can easily set that up. I just need to give staff a way of setting the author of the tutorial to someone else than themselves.

That would probably be the easiest solution. Have a forum where only new topics (no replies) can be made and have staff promote them to the main site if they're good enough. If people are up for that, then I can easily set that up. I just need to give staff a way of setting the author of the tutorial to someone else than themselves.

that'd be easy just add in a database column for author name, and have an form entry and hander for that, of course that'd have to be site side

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.