Eye Punk

accrain

People very new to the web world will definitely say: "Wow thats a great site. How the heck did u do that?", but its only them. Downloading some brushes and scattering them randomly everywhere, without any initial idea of how its gonna look doesnt make your design cool. A good layout needs some serious thinking and a concept to start off, a color scheme in which ull be based and some creativity.

The general layout is strange. It looks like the art of a color blind graffiti artist, high on shrooms and listening to classical music. lol its crazy. U got too many colors and shades there. The upper thing with those buildings has too much contrast and its not placed nicely. Way too much brushes.

Id go for a more minimalistic look, but by maintaining your idea. The main container isnt bad and actually it can be a start of a very good looking design. Just loose some colors, brushes, those buildings, that odd background and restart the concept from scratch and ull definitely have a good site. Dont forget the technical problems that AndyB mentioned too.

Pictures: Personally, I love it.  I wish the little lens holder picture on the bottom left had a more meaningful representation of your site than simply a blue contact lens... but other than that, I loved the design.  But that's just me.  I couldn't possibly tell you if that's some kind of accepted standard in design or not.

Functionally: It does seem to be broken in my browser. The bottom left-right scrollbar only goes halfway or so across the bottom.  Can't say I really like that scrollbar thing.  And when I scroll to the right, the text seems to overstep it's left boundary.  Also I can't say I like the while colored font.  Can't read it at all.

I am in the process of changing the design and I'm sure each of you probably saw a different layout. I apologize for this. As for the buildings, I rather like them but since the design is so incomplete they arent integrated very well. The contact len case is for ordering online and there will be text to that end. Is the gradient background too much to look at?