Looking for a PHP Framework.

darklight

I'm looking for a PHP Framework, one that supports AJAX.  I will be using it to create my PHP text style game.  I'm just looking for something simple, something to help me get it done faster.

I was looking at CakePHP, but their are so many frameworks that I don't know what one to go with.  Let's make this easy, what one would you choose for making a PHP game?  I also need it so I can upload it to my host, so it can't be a local framework.

You really need to explain what you want other than 'get the job done faster'

What job?

I REQUIRE A RECIPE!!!

Asian food?

NO IT MUST HAVE SUGAR!!!

A pumpkin pie?

See how ridiculous that conversation is?

Ok, forget what I said. Oh wait...

What functionality/support are you looking for your framework to provide?

Going back to my previous mock conversation,

GIVE ME A FRUIT.

Pineapple

darknight - sounds like you are just trying to be difficult.  ::)

I suggest you have a closer look at http://modxcms.com/ - If you looked into it, you would know it is not for blogging.

I did, I've downloaded and installed it.  It installed blogging software...

I guess I will try to use CakePHP since no one seems to understand what I'm asking...even if it's something simple I'm asking. o_O

I just started using CakePHP after trying a bunch and I like it.

They were making a good point. keeB's analogies were dead on. It's hard to make a specific recommendation based on the requirements you gave.

I personally don't think a framework makes your site smaller, it makes it LARGER as you need all their files. I also don't think they make anything faster at first because you have to learn all this new code. But in the long run they can help, and I am enjoying delving into CakePHP.

I think it would be awesome if you could write a little article on how learning CakePHP is going, jesirose. I think it would give some people good insight on what an experience developer can accomplish.

Cake is pretty sweet.  I used to for several simple apps in the past but most recently got into ZF obviously from all the plugs I have been giving it.  Promise ill quit. . haha.  It really is an easy framework to learn, but cakePHP is just as easy, tab bit slower from what I have read.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.