questions

serverman

ok im working on a website with aguy and we are going to split the in come from ads in half (i get 100% and split it 50 50) do i have to have some sorta w2 or w4 or some paper like that sence im paying him for helping me or just writeing a check is good enough ?

also what are some legal issues that you can run into hosting your own website... like say you are hacked some one puts a virus on it and then someone vists the site and gets the virus ... am i liable?

what are other legal issues with running a website like on a  forum if someone was to threatent or harrasment some other user

??? ???

i just want to besure i got my stuff covered lol

what are other legal issues with running a website like on a  forum if someone was to threatent or harrasment some other user

Include in your Terms of Service that you cannot be held responsible for content posted by the users and the responsibility lies with the author of the post.

Guest Xanza

Basically all legal issues dealing with hosting a website are circumstantial. :( So you'll have to post a specific example for an answer to be posted...

As for claiming income - yes, if you live in the United States and you make more than 32$ a year from a supplementary income then you MUST report it to the IRS when you do your taxes, failure to do so will result in tax evasion indictment! I've seen this happen many times before, but it is very hard to spot.

thanks for the help

but do i have to make any claims to the irs for the money i am paying the other guy? or is that all up to him

the site  is going to  allow users to submit scripts for php and javascript and all that good stuff... if someone was to submit a script that somehow damaged or was a seruity hole to i just claim to not be liable and the author is

Guest Xanza
but do i have to make any claims to the irs for the money i am paying the other guy? or is that all up to him

Nope, that would be his responsibility, but since you're only getting half of what your website is generating, make sure that you only claim 50% of your earnings! :)

Example:

Total Yearly Income (from site): $1,000

You claim: $500

He claims: $500

As for the discrepancy of the claimed income requirement being $32 I'm almost 90% positive... But deffinately look into it, you don't want to make a mistake on my behalf. :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.