PHP --> set up email forwarding

TheFilmGod

Is there any way to use PHP to set up email forwarding? For instance, the user creates someone.something@mydomain.com and it forwards to all the addresses he inputs. And from that point on, anyone that sends emails to someone.something@mydomain.com forwards automatically to those email addresses.

I don't want php to simply forward the message (that's too easy)...

- TheFilmGod

=/  I guess...but I don't see what's so hard about going into CPanel or something.  Wait.  I just had an idea.  Thread starter, please explain your current e-mail system.  If you have it set to e-mail people FROM PHP, you can actually store these "forwarding addresses" in the database and send e-mails to them too.  If you actually want any e-mail (even outside e-mail) to go to all those addresses....then I can't help you much further.

=/  I guess...but I don't see what's so hard about going into CPanel or something.  Wait.  I just had an idea.  Thread starter, please explain your current e-mail system.  If you have it set to e-mail people FROM PHP, you can actually store these "forwarding addresses" in the database and send e-mails to them too.  If you actually want any e-mail (even outside e-mail) to go to all those addresses....then I can't help you much further.

I think that's what he's saying he doesn't want to do, in the OP. 

Cpanel is easy to use but I don't want the average user to be logging into my cpanel.... and I don't want to do it for like 100+ people.

I think it would be a great feature on my website (it is a school website) where clubs can setup email forwarding.

For instance, the Model United Nations club would be mun@mydomain.com - and it would send emails out to it's officers and members.

Putting the emails into a database wouldn't suffice since people would be too lazy to send emails from my site. To make it a complete + good feature I should allow users to send emails from their own email software to an address that would forward.

I hope that makes sense.

Or here's another way of doing it. Is it possible to send emails, let us say to general@mydomain.com?id=1 ? And have the pop3 server check the id and send to the appropriate people?

Thanks

- TheFilmGod

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.