Deformed Layout [help]

LinuxForce

There may be a javascript method, but the fact is that you shouldn't need to use one - if you design a site correctly it will display fine in different sized monitors. When you say 'cut up and coded', did you design something in photoshop and export it? Are you laying out your site in tables? These kind of things will cause you problems.

Good design guidelines is make your entire page's width set at 800(maybe 850 if you have to). Because there are still lots of people who have older computers and can't view pages with 1000px wide setups without side scrolling(in web design, side scrolling == bad). Even those with 1024x768 can view it easily and if people have those crazy big resolutions(1600 or higher) they are likely already used to most sites looking small. But making 2 pages for each resolution(even if you can do it) isn't a good idea.

But if you absolutely have to, I'd say have a splash page(a HUGE web design no no) that says "What resolution are you?" and they click accordingly. And then have a "I dont know" link and go to the 800x600 layout since if someone doesnt know their resolution, they probably have an older computer(just my guess).

Good design guidelines is make your entire page's width set at 800(maybe 850 if you have to)

on an 800 computer you can veiw upto 925 befor it starts to scroll.... i dont know why but you can

and if your using tables just grow up and be a real man and use divs! lol

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.