Tag Me!

Hi all, I have been working on a website for the past couple weeks and well its ready to be beta tested! :)

A little explanation about the site.  Tag Me! was started about a month ago (the idea at least :P) when my uncle was explaining it to me, I decided having the experience I do to take it to the next level.  So I started the development of the site.  Well development went smooth, as every other web site developer out there knows, no development of anything goes smooth Lol.  Anyhow the concept of the site is this : You upload a picture of yourself, then get your buddies to hit it.  Now you wouldn't want to just do this for fun SO we had to give you a drive to do so.  We will have prizes.  For beta the prizes are not going to be handed out.  The prizes will be ranging anywhere from 50 bucks to a PS3.  The better our sponsors/advertisers get, then the better the prizes are.  The reason we are expecting a good amount of sponsors is because of the concept of our site is to pull in hits, that is what sponsors want, a website with a lot of hits.  So that is why.

Our site is http://www.bbgames.us/tagme/

Any bugs, typos, anything not working properly please report it.  Also any suggestions is a HUGE part, so please please give any of those if you have 'em. :)

Thanks

ShimmyShine

Really? I was planning on improving it tonight, BUT i thought it looked okay to me.  Even looks good in 1024x768.  Thanks for the tip though, ill improve it tonight.

Umm I was planning on adding a feature where they can select their color of the site that they want.  You think that would solve it?  If you could pick whatever color you preferred?

Thanks

Shimmy

Much has been added to the site, I haven't done much to the layout I have added a template changer where you can chance colors, and eventually I plan on adding into it a whole entire new template.  But I would like people to test the actual functions of the site if possible please.

Thanks!

Shimmy

Much has been added to the site, I haven't done much to the layout I have added a template changer where you can chance colors, and eventually I plan on adding into it a whole entire new template.  But I would like people to test the actual functions of the site if possible please.

Thanks!

Shimmy

Its not the color, its the template which makes it hard to test. Do you not see the template? No offence but it can use alot of work. Don't give up though, have faith and you'll get better.

Starting to work on the template right now, I have bought a domain name for it.  http://www.tagmypic.net Also the name is changing from Tag Me! to TagMyPic!.

Thanks

Shimmy

I'm looking at the black block type layout, and I gotta say, cool idea and all, but it doesn't flow, it feels very segregated, and the black is too overpowering, and it contrasts with the few spots of white/red. I'd suggest if not changing the bubble structure, atleast changing the colors to somehting that flows.

I'd suggest looking up some articles on color combos.

Looking better though, will be great in the end im sure.

Haha that's just like those sites that were popular in the web gaming circles many years ago, where you picked a monster and it started out at level 1 or as a "baby" or whatever and the goal was to get people to click your link and the more people who did, the more your monster would level up or "grow." 

Fair warning, those type of sites are frowned upon.  You aren't really gonna get sponsors to give you money for this sort of thing because people just make bots to artificially increase their hits. 

Yup I thought of the bot issue :P  AND I have come up with this.  Each person has to fill in a captcha to hit the picture.. ALSO They may only hit a picture once an hour (just that person, right now its doing it via cookies but eventually i want to do it database wise so they can't just delete the cookies and hit it again.)

Thank you for your input though, if anyone has any more security issues i should look into please warn me :D!

Thanks

Shimmy

PS: I have decided to edit the current template a bit instead of totally remaking a new one, I have a pretty good idea in mind, you will see it SHOULD be ready by tomorrow :P

I am currently looking around on how to make it via phone compatible, although that may be tricky :\.

Not really...phones access your web page the same way as any other browser, so coding-wise, it's the same.  The only difference is that a phone user has a much smaller screen, much crappier connection, and a crappy mouse/keyboard. 

I mean via SMS.  To allow them to upload a picture via sms.

Thats weird, it says the last post was from me when I didn't post that.. Weird.. (the one about telling me how its the same uploading from a phone.)

Anyhow, does anyone else see anything wrong with the site?

ShimmyShine

Not keen on it myself... images aren't particularly smooth or well fitting i'd say. Like the image popup scripts though, nice touch! I think with a good logo and better use of images and colour for the layout you could make it much better.... I think the 'i's are a good idea, but could probably be made to fit in a bit better, look bit odd at minute.. And lastly the center alignment of text makes the content look a little rough and not thought out...

My honest opinion...

Adam

Thank you MrAdam, the opinion from you mean and help a lot!  I have re-done the layout, it was absolutely horrible the old one.  This one the colors at least flow together..  I do plan on resizing the 'i's to a smaller image so that they fit next to the text a bit better but that is a small and easy fix :D  And I will align the text a different alignment.

Has anyone tested any of the PHP side stuff yet, so I can see if theres anything there that I need to touch up.

Thanks

ShimmyShine

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.