2 style sheets

s_ff_da_b_ff

Ok so I'm using 2 style sheets on my home page for my website. The left nav bar is on one style sheet while the middle and right nav bars are on another.

My left nav bar is a vertical pop out menu and when I hover over a link the boxes do pop out, how ever they pop out behind my middle nav bar (recent news box).

I dont know how to get the vertical pop out boxes to appear in front of the middle nav bar so you can acutally read the hyper links!

Ive tried this method:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style.css" />

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="testing.css" title="standard"/>

where I want the testing.css page to be of priority over the style.css however that doesnt work..the style.css page shows over the testing.css (my veritcal pop out menu is coded within the testing.css).

help? thanks!!

The fact that the css is split into two sheets won't matter. Basically, if you have

doc1.css

.class1
{
    // some stuff
}
.class2
{
   // some stuff
}

doc2.css

.class3
{
   // some stuff
}
.class4
{
  // some stuff
}

As far as the browser concerned, it is the same as having all the css in one document, looking like this:

.class1
{
    // some stuff
}
.class2
{
   // some stuff
}
.class3
{
   // some stuff
}
.class4
{
  // some stuff
}

So your problem isn't a result of the separate documents, rather it is how you have your stuff laid out. But without a link, or more explanation, it will be hard to say what the problem is.

We've been through this before, and I personally disagree with using @import, as it both doesn't save much code at all (a few characters at best), and causes some problems with some versions of IE.

But, to each their own.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.