My site - web & graphic design homepage

geenee

Good start but im not keen... Lacks a bit of everything... I think the design needs a lot more work, its too simple and bare. Not sure what relevance the ocean pic has? Probably worth adding more 'complex scripting' if thats what your selling, mainly a contact form rather than a mailto link?

Overall I do think it needs a fair bit more work before it's going to sell your services...

Adam

Not sure what relevance the ocean pic has?

deepc...deep sea...get it?  it is a play on letter...ummmm...yea.

not terrible.  my first impression was this is something that i would make (i happen to be what i call "graphically challenged").  pretty plain, simple...i would think about putting in some scripting of some sort.  at least examples of what you can do. 

if what you do is basic web pages, then state that.  otherwise, i would change the page up.  definitely have a submission form for your email instead of mailto.  that is a super basic script.  if you dont want to make it, copy and paste it.

also, some basic *gulp* javascript would make the site flashy...i personally dont like using it, but i have to admit that it does look nice when applied correctly.

if you are selling your services as a designer and are charging:

* £100 Simple homepage

* £250 Standard web site

* £400 Highly Customised web site

* £500+ Web site with Complex scripting (e.g Customised shop, Content management system etc..)

you should back it up with your own site.

just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I definitely did design the site around the code more than the graphics and this is something which I'm going to work on now to make a newer version of the site.

That's a very good point about demonstrating more complex scripting and coding on my own web site, and the contact form is something which i have completly overlooked - feel pretty stupid for not putting that in!

I'm going to do some re-designing and make some additions now and post up when I've done to see what people think,

thanks again

I would recommend placing in an RSS feed, it gives it that "edge". :P

Please please please use CSS on your hyperlinks. I hate that default color and look. Style the page a bit more. Make it *softer*.

With your links I would also recommend using mod_rewrite to have links like www.deep-c.co.uk/portfolio/ etc etc.

Just some suggestions.

Good luck.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.