Homemade Proxy?

proggR

Has anyone ever made their own simple webproxy? How hard would it be to make? If its really easy I may make one tonight if it doesn't take much. I just need one that isn't known by my works filter. I know that if they block them its for good reason, but at the same time when its 20 minutes between calls I don't see me checking mail to be such a bad thing.

Actually they did lol. Not all of it, but that page gets blocked.

I ended up finding one that I'm using for now but usually you'll get about two days out of it before its blocked as well.

And this one doesn't seem to run JS at all so a lot of the functionality of things I'm using is gone anyway.

The only problem with that is I have dialup at home so my computer isn't connected to the internet unless I'm at it.

Would it be hard to make one? I doubt it'd be as simple as having an input, getting that input and passing it to view?site=www.site.com which includes it. I mean that would likely work to view the sites, but its hardly a proxy. And the sites would likely still come up blocked wouldn't they? Or since its parsed at the server would they come up fine as long as my page isn't blocked? I guess it doesn't really matter because I have 5 more shifts but its something I'd likely use or want to know in the future as well.

be careful though...i am sure that the it department has the capability to track what you're doing...at the call center i work in, they can pull reports somehow and they will show up at your desk and either tell you not to do it again, or walk you out the door (depending on how many times they talk to you about it.)

be careful though...i am sure that the it department has the capability to track what you're doing...at the call center i work in, they can pull reports somehow and they will show up at your desk and either tell you not to do it again, or walk you out the door (depending on how many times they talk to you about it.)

I'm done here in a week so I'm not overly concerned about that lol.

Do you mind if I ask what logging tool you use? We have a really crappy one here. The last contract I was on had a much better one (Action Request System from BMC/Remedy). This is a crappy webapp.

Do you mind if I ask what logging tool you use? We have a really crappy one here. The last contract I was on had a much better one (Action Request System from BMC/Remedy). This is a crappy webapp.

to be completely honest, i dont know.  i just answer the phone.

i have heard from others around me of the consequences.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.