Is really search engine optimization needed?

seostepnet

Yes.  Each page on your site should be targeting a keyword phrase, especially your home page and primary secondary pages.  If you are selling Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix, the keyword density for your home page should be between 2% - 7% for the keyword phrase "Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix" for example.  There are many keyword density analyzers but the one that REALLY works is http://www.ranks.nl/cgi-bin/ranksnl/spider/spider.cgi.  You want these keywords in your title tag, first h1 tag, maybe an h2 tag, in a bold tag, as the text of an anchor tag, and the alt tag of a image especially if it points back to the page you are tailoring for that keyword.  But don't spam harder than if you were actually writing legitimate content on your site...just try to fine tune your paragraphs with high but not too high keyword density.

Other than SEO, link popularity is a bit more important.  If you have links coming from high pagerank sites, you get higher rankings in the search engines.  The more links you have the better, however avoid link farms and/or pages with more than 40 links on a single page...as well as pages with many links to non-related websites.  It's about getting links from popular sites that are relevant to yours.

• 2 weeks later...

Everybody who have website is carzy about its website's search engine optimization, he need its site to be top for targeted keywords. But I want to know- Is search engine optimization really needed?

well i think SEO is important because the only reason to have a website is to have people go there but some site are more important then others.  So if you have a site that selling a product, if you are in the top 3 on a google search of just that product name, that is good because it can increase traffic to your site.  Now if you have a site that just gives information like a blog, it might not be as important as the site primary function is not to make money but if you don't care about people finding your website, why have it?

Websites (that need to rank) should be designed around SEO concepts from the start of development. On-site optimisation on a website that has not been designed in an SEO friendly manor is difficult and sometimes impossible leading to re-development. This includes things like URLS, modifying content, modifying templates, meta tagging, avoiding duplication of pages, etc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Everybody who have website is carzy about its website's search engine optimization, he need its site to be top for targeted keywords. But I want to know- Is search engine optimization really needed?

Hi,

Websites are primarily built to do business on web or to promote one's business using website and most of the quality hits to the website are coming from search engines so it is important for the website to be visible on various search engine.

This is where SEO comes into the picture. SEO gives your presence a visibility as well good return to your business on Internet!

• 4 months later...

Everyone own a website to do better business and we know internet is the best place to attract people. If we need better leads to our business then its must to do SEO. Without doing SEO you cannot come up on goolge and if you are not on top of the goolge then you cannot improve your business online.

Yes, Search Engine Optimization is certainly needed to improve the traffic and conversions on a website.  If you aren't convinced by the above posts, you can try a little experiment that could have dramatic effects on your placings in the search engines: just optimize your title tags.  Right now, this is one of the biggest factors in ranking well on google.  Optimize your titles and then see where your website is placing in the search engines for your keywords.

Wether SEO is important or not is dependant on the target audeince of your site. I've made a website that is built to pull in new users across the board, here SEO was very important as there were sepcific search terms that required results. On the other hand, my own buisness website has got no SEO work done. There's two reasons for this. The first is that web design/development is so difficult to get results from on the web I found it would be a waste when I could spend more time marketing from a different medium. The second reason is that I don't use the web to target my audeince. The website is a reference point for exisitng and potential customers, it's not there to bring in new customers (if it does, then all the better).

• 1 month later...

More than 80% people look for information via search engine. About 50% netizen just click top 5 replacement. More than 40% netizen will click the first page. Less than 10% netizen will click the second and third page. If your website in the top 5, you will get more potential customers.Web users use search engine to find what they are looking for. It means search engine is the tool used to find services they need. Your website best describe your business. If your website is in the front of search results, web users will be able to see your website. The chance is that they will reach you and give you good business.SEO is used for the purpose of easier identify the website, make potential customers easier access to your website and products, increase website and products exposure rate, thereby enhance the sales of your products.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.