[SOLVED] CSS positioning relative to browser window

stockton

Is it possible to cause some text to appear relative to the top left of the browser window rather than the top left of its "container"?

I have to modify an existing page and have tried adding the following to the CSS script:-

.counterMT {
    position:fixed;
    top:3px;
    left:1px;
    }

and tried using it via

<class="counterMT"><font color=white><?php echo $NumMembersServed ?>Members Issued><br/>Tickets Issued = <?php echo $NumTicketsIssued ?></font> 

but this stays relative to its "container" rather than relative to the browsers window.

<class="counterMT">

This tag doesn't exist. There is no <class> tag. You apply a class to another tag. The problem was, you were applying a classname to ...nothing! There was no tag type in there.

I'm surprised that it did anything, since it was an invalid syntax, although whatever browser you were using (I'm guessing IE?) let it slide.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.