copy or sync databases

pamelax

Hello,

Did anyone already solve this task? How is this done best?  ???

I have a webshop. The products are maintained in a local MSSQL database in the office of my customer. How do I move the products automatically from the MSSQL database to the webshop database (MySQL) at my webhoster? I’d like this to be done automatically with a script every day.

Thanks for any answers!

The method that Maq explained is complicated and for free.

There is also a program that can do the job, unfortunately it's not for free (but good things never are ...). SyncTables.com copies and synchronises tables in databases. MySQL, MSSQL and Access are supported. I use it in a cron job to sync my tables every day.

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

First you need to set up a Cron Job.  After that, assign a script to that Cron that dumps your database into an .sql file and then copies the .sql file back to the other database.

hey, am facing the same sort of problem and am sure that this might be the solution.i am a bit green on mysql and mssql so go easy on the bashing.

so how do i set up a cron job and could you please try give me the script that is needed to be assigned to the cron?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.