How to get rank last month for user id

t_machine

I'm wondering if anyone could help with this problem.

I have a table that stores id(autoincrement), userid, date

Each time a vote is casted a new entry is added to the table with the userid and current date. What i am trying to do is get the rank for that user last month by counting the amount of times their user id exists for the last month and comparing that to others for that month.

I can't seem to construct a query for what i need done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Suggestion, if you use this query a lot you should really create another table that keeps track of monthly votes for each person and maybe some other statistics and use the userid as a primary.

Have you attempted anything yet?  If so, can you post it.

Thanks for the reply :)

I tried this code so far but I am sure it's on the wrong path

$lastmonth = mktime(0, 0, 0, date("m")-1, date("d"),   date("Y"));
$wsnow1 = date("F,Y", $lastmonth);
$wsdformat = '%M,%Y'; 
  $sql = "SELECT COUNT(id) + 1 AS rank FROM {TOPUSER_TBL} WHERE id>(SELECT * FROM {TOPUSER_TBL} WHERE DATE_FORMAT(FROM_UNIXTIME(date_added), '".$wsdformat."') ='".$wsnow1."' AND userid='$mid') AND DATE_FORMAT(FROM_UNIXTIME(date_added), '".$wsdformat."') ='".$wsnow1."'";

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.