Gas Shortage Days

Zane

check out my thoughts on this here

http://www.zanedockery.com

What's the world come to?

Tomorrow my school is closed, and the next day.  Why?  Because the economy blows.  Has anyone else experienced this shit?

Also, I have learned that next semester my school(college) is converting to a four day week, just because of gas and it's...non abundance.

How much longer can this go on.

You can call me a nerd and all that for hating that school is out, but I'm thinking about the big picture here.  If gas is causing school to be out...how long until other things follow that procedure?  Also, I'm bored as hell now because.... I literally have nothing to do.  I can't waste my gas while I'm not school looking for entertainment or I'll miss my classes when school has started again and f@*k everything up.

Who else?  I know this isn't the only place.....(Western North Carolina)

ive seen news about other schools doing the 4 day week thing not even colleges  like elementary schools  i was like great the economy sucks like make parents get daycare for an extra day or make parents take time off cause the school isnt open great plan.

it just seems like nobody put thought into this

on a college level it changes things but still its crap

I don't know about anyone else, but when I click on your link I get this error message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, support@startlogic-inc.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Hmm, when I clicked on your new link it throws an error:

Page not found

The page you are looking for might have been removed,

had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

- Click the Back button in your browser to try another link.

- Use a search engine like Google to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 404 - File not found

Now I’m in college and snow days are just like they were in grade school.

Ain't that the truth.  I'm graduating this semester and my 4 years of school I remember about 1 snow day a year where classes were canceled.

Education is being halted due to a gas shortage.

This sounds so weird...  Don't worry I'm sure the genius engineers will come up with a solution, if the oil/gas companies haven't bought the patents for these inventions yet  >:(

That was the whole point of my .....rant.

A connection was pulled out of thin air.  Of course it was for the good of the students though.  Students/Teachers can't afford to make it to class so they cut days off to save it for them.  My rant is more about gas prices than anything.  The connection is between gas prices and then college...like a chain of events.

Not where I go to college.  There are different times you can choose from.  For example, the same class is offered for a once a week for a 3 hour session (agony).  Or you can go twice a week for an hour and 15 mins.  But nothing is forced.

well for my college...next semester they are cutting off friday because of gas

a complete four day schedule for the whole semester and who knows if that'll continue for the rest of the year or longer..

but yes, they will lengthen the classes.

Courses that were originally for Mon Wed and Fri and only 45 minutes long are going to an hour and 15 minutes.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.