Need storge

asmith

Have you taken a look at Amazon S3 yet?  For the 10GB you need now, assuming that it's mostly being used as an archive, with transfer costs, it'll be less than $3/month.  And at $.15/GB for storage, you'll hopefully be profitable long before those costs become an issue. 

I contact them, They replied my mail after 5 hours. Which to me is a negative point cause my currant company replies less than 1 hour.

Anyone know how fast you can download/upload with them?  Lots of storage means nothing if you could mail it faster than download it.

I asked for a download link to check their download, and it was great. (But can't be trusted though, They can give me a good link.

Probably. If they did that then they'd need 87 PB (seeing as they say they host 179132 accounts) which is quite a lot.

hmm, lets add something else to your calculation : 

179132 * 6.45$/per month = 1,155,401.4$ per month.  they have said websites not accounts. lets say each person hosts average 3 websites, then :

1,155,401.4$ per month / 3 = 385,133.8$ per month.

unless I'm wrong, but that's some money which you can give people more than YB.

Have you taken a look at Amazon S3 yet? 

Not fully yet, found more interesting thing!

But isn' tthat available in US or EUROPE ?

Probably. If they did that then they'd need 87 PB (seeing as they say they host 179132 accounts) which is quite a lot.

hmm, lets add something else to your calculation : 

179132 * 6.45$/per month = 1,155,401.4$ per month.  they have said websites not accounts. lets say each person hosts average 3 websites, then :

1,155,401.4$ per month / 3 = 385,133.8$ per month.

unless I'm wrong, but that's some money which you can give people more than YB.

How does that take things like power bills, staff payrolls, equipment redundancy, etc. into consideration? You don't just hit the power switch of a server and then it'll run indefinitely without costs.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.