PHP GTK2 vs. .NET Applications

dlebowski

All,

I have a web based application written in .php that I want to offer as a standalone app as well.  I would really like to use PHP GTK2, but it seems like it would be difficult to compile this into a .exe for my clients to install.  For one, I don't think there is a windows compiler that works with GTK2 that I am aware of, and the other concern is regarding protection of my code.  I don't want someone hijacking my code if they are running in on a stand alone machine.  I have been looking around the internet all day for a straightforward tutorial or guide on converting existing php applications to work with PHP GTK2, and have not have much luck.  I would hate to go the .net MSSQL route.  Any help or input would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Ryan

I have been looking around the internet all day for a straightforward tutorial or guide on converting existing php applications to work with PHP GTK2

If you meen existing web application -> gtk you wont have any luck. They are two completely different beasts.

As for comiling php (& ||) php-gtk applications, take a look at roadsend.

In you honest opinion (I know we are all big fans of php) would you use php gtk or would you go with c# and .net?

I don't use windows so .Net is no option for me. If I where building a desktop front to a web application I would use Python / tkinter.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.