PHP Game ideas

grim1208

I am looking for some good ideas for a RPG Game to make in PHP.

I been programming in PHP for a while, it is my current job as a web programmer, and want more into the gaming side of things, currently working with Flash, but I want to create something in PHP as to make tutorials along the way and post them to my site (check sign.)

Anyone got any good ideas?

Like perhaps creating a game such as Triumph , for any of you who have played on Facebook, or applications such as those games, they're pretty fun.

Or even a stock marketing role playing game.

I think it would be an appropriate and catchy game especially in this time, so those people with their own 'economist' mind can put into practice what they think could effect the stock market.

Thinking of making the game on the larger power level, that decisions you make would effect the stock market as a whole, where individuals could team up with others, and effect the economy as a whole, which would lead to a lot of possiblities, then creating governements on an economic level.

I have a lot of idea mapping to do.  Feel free to add in your own ideas :P!

I think it would be an appropriate and catchy game especially in this time, so those people with their own 'economist' mind can put into practice what they think could effect the stock market.

Exactly, everyone thinks they know what to invest and not invest into.  Prove it!

Man could you imagine the work needed to go into such a project though?

True, but he wants ideas and we're giving it to him.  Actually he suggested it...

You think programming the source for these forums we use was easy? :P

I realize it's a big project, it's not going to be something that will be done overnight, OBVIOUSLY.  RPG's are large, difficult tasks, but will be fun, and a great learning experience.

I realize it's a big project, it's not going to be something that will be done overnight, OBVIOUSLY.  RPG's are large, difficult tasks, but will be fun, and a great learning experience.

Exactly.  The only way to learn is to get your hands dirty.  What you would probably have to do is scrape the stock market sites and grab the actual numbers so you can update the most recent quotes or w/e.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.