Donnie Darko

Zane

IMDB :-> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0246578/

If you haven't seen this movie, then, I have nothing more to say than to ...just watch it.  If you don't watch if first then you'll end up spoiling it by reading this post

If you have

------------

I'm curious as to what people's opinions are on what the movie really means.  I just got through watching it again after like 2 years.  I'm still slightly confused.  Nevertheless, it's still an awesome movie.

Everyone seems to believe it's about time travel.  Of course in half the movie he talks about time traveling so ... Why wouldn't it be?  But, the fact that he can see his future makes me think that he doesn't even travel through time.  My opinion is that he knows in the beginning how he's going to die, and is able to see what exactly will happen if he chooses to go outside "god's channel."  Then of course I'm left with an explanation of who the hell Frank is and what his role is.

Is he a guide, he seems to be.

Not really sure, it's hard to make a guess without contradicting yourself in the end.  Anyone else baffled by this movie?

"A troubled teenager is plagued by visions of a large bunny rabbit that manipulates him to commit a series of crimes, after narrowly escaping a bizarre accident."

What the hell kinda desc is that?  "a large bunny rabbit"  lololololol

Oh by the way, the "chut up!" part made me laugh for like a minute.  and "how does one suck a f**k?"

isohunt.com  moving on...

I just finished watching the movie.  Definitely interesting, kinda sad I've missed out on it this whole time.  I never cared to watch it because I played WoW with some kid who went by the name 'donnydarko' and I pretty much just wanted to kill him.  Hated everything associated with the name.  Anyways...

Frank, the rabbit, is the kid who Donny shoots in the end (before the movie goes back to the beginning).  The bunny costume is what Frank was wearing for hallow ween when Donny shot him.  (Also note, there was a note on Donny's fridge saying Frank had gone out to get more beer.  That explains why he was driving where he was). 

isohunt.com  moving on...

I just finished watching the movie.  Definitely interesting, kinda sad I've missed out on it this whole time.  I never cared to watch it because I played WoW with some kid who went by the name 'donnydarko' and I pretty much just wanted to kill him.  Hated everything associated with the name.  Anyways...

Frank, the rabbit, is the kid who Donny shoots in the end (before the movie goes back to the beginning).  The bunny costume is what Frank was wearing for hallow ween when Donny shot him.  (Also note, there was a note on Donny's fridge saying Frank had gone out to get more beer.  That explains why he was driving where he was). 

You're gonna have to watch it more than just one time to be as confused as most people are by that movie.  Pointing out the obvious isn't going to solve anything.  I know who Frank is, but who is the rabbit character really.  Why is he guiding him around.  It seems so anti-climactic to have dead Frank guide Donnie around the whole movie only to kill Frank in the end.  It's like the bunny is supposed to portray God or something.

What got me in the end was that he was laughing.  I couldn't figure out if he was just glad he traveled back in time successfully or that he had just seen the future for what it was worth if he didn't die.

It's best to watch the movie with a friend and try to figure out what it means......or watch it really stoned :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.