Upgrading privilege table structure - help!

nckswt

I've been searching for hours to find a solution to the

picture13ez8.png

error that I receive whenever I attempt to access privileges in phpMyAdmin. I've tried running the mysql_fix_privilege_tables function, but every time I do, I'm met with:

picture12gy2.png

I've found the full text of the script I'm trying to run, and tried to simply copy/paste that and run it, but that leaves me with yet another error message.

As much as I've tried to figure this out on my own, I'm fairly new when it comes to PHP and mySQL, and I can't seem to work this out. Can anyone help?

Specs:

Server version: 4.1.14

MySQL client version: 3.23.49

phpMyAdmin - 2.11.9

PHP MySQL library version 3.23.49

If it helps, the way I'm trying to run the script is by simply writing mysql_fix_privilege_tables in the Run SQL query/queries on server "mysql" box that pops up when I click on SQL in the top left-hand corner of my screen. Is this the right way to run a script?

Also, I'm using phpMyAdmin on Yahoo, if that makes any difference, and (from what I understand) I'm using a console rather than a stripped-down command line interface (this thread deals with my exact problem, though I can't seem to solve it).

Again, forgive my inexperience, but how do I create a .sql file on a mac? I haven't been able to figure that out either, and so I haven't been able to simply try uploading the mysql_fix_privilege_tables script.

Yeah, I've been trying that through my newly created 'wordpress' database.

I used to have another database called 'wordpress' but I've been trying to reinstall it, so I removed the old one.

If I try creating a separate database, say, "wp," the error changes to

#1146 - Table 'wp.user' doesn't exist

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.