Php ini

shaney

Hello Forum,

First off I am no expert were it comes to anything php,

I hope someone can give me a little help on a problem I have.

I setup a windows server 2003, php, mysql etc a few years ago and all is working very well.

I host two of my own sites and quite a few charity sites, my problem now is that many of the charity sites want to use some of the php programmes I am using ie forum and photo gallery.

I have set these up on there sites but am having problem getting there email to send via php mail. I am quite sure that I ether have to add something to my php.ini or make other php.ini on my server, maybe I am wrong

Here is what I have now:

[mail function]

; For Win32 only.

SMTP = localhost

smtp_port = 25

sendmail_from= admin@websitename.co.uk

; For Win32 only.

sendmail_from = admin@websitename.co.uk

This works fine for my site, but how do I add more address.

Any help would be welcome many thanks……..Shaney

I have about 20 different websites running on my server, I use mybb forum, coppermine gallery and a few others they all require a php mail address in there setup page.

The mail system on my website works fine but unless I use my email address on other people’s forums/galleys that I host, their mail will not work. Obviously I do not want to receive other people’s forum or gallery admin email.

Sorry if this is a bit confusing as i am doing my best to explain....lol

I have been looking at the posts and they all seem to be about code before it reaches php server, i am wondering if i am in the right place for the help i need. I am thinking that i may need to go to a server type forum, can somone recomend one please.....many thanks

I don't understand your question.  Add more addresses where, who you send to or who it comes from?  I assume you mean From.  The FROM usually has to come from a valid Email that is on the Domain where the site resides.  Maybe you want to modify the REPLY TO address instead?

Another option, create a email for each client on your site.

This works fine for my site, but how do I add more address.

Any help would be welcome many thanks……..Shaney

All the php scripts that i use ie coppermine phplinkk directory require an admin email address, if this matches the email address in php.in the mail sends fine.

This would be fine if i was just using server for my own site but i want to let others users use coppermin etc

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.