Slide Help script

aztec

Hello

I am no expert when it comes to javascript so would like your help to modify a script I found at the following address

http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/index.html?showDownload=true&whichScript=slide_in_pane

I have modified the script so that if Javascript is turned off it will load a html help page.

Now I would like to create a separate file that will load into the slideout panel when a link or f1 is pressed

The operation of the panel works very well but there is one BIG drawback, the text for the inner panel needs to go on every page.  This is not acceptable, every time I modify the help page means updating every page on the site.

I have been trying to contact the person who wrote the script though their forum but to no avail.

Kind Regards

Hello

Sorry Maq. I was concentrating on getting the info down and forgot the main part.

I want to create an external text file and when the panel is called by pressing f1 or clicking on the Help button to load that text into the inner panel that slides out.

Regards

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.