Web Design Comment

pommi

* The fonts used within the images are not consistent, yes the font is the same, but shadow no shadow, border no border. There are too many differences in there.

* The font used for images doesn't look very professional, considering people are using this service to compare financial options it needs to be professional and not fun/retro.

* The content fonts on the home page and about etc are not the same size. This should be kept consistent throughout the site.

* IMO, the contact us link on the menu navigation doesn't need to expand if its the only link.

* The colour scheme is ok, however I think there is no reason to have two headers (one on the sidebar and one in the content).

I think I will leave it there.

I think this site has a lot of potential. I hope you have some area to work on from my advice. Get back to us for more help :D

ILMV

That's better :), I cannot comment any more, because I am using Firefox on Ubuntu and it breaks the style of the site.

There are a few other things I will recommend, but I will only do so when I am on a Windows rig. Perhaps another member could chime in.

ILMV

It looks pretty good. :) A few points I'll make in order to improve it:

1) As previously mentioned, change the font to something a bit more sophisticated. Perhaps something like Gill Sans MT or Tw Cen MT?

2) Remove the drop shadows - they don't seem to fit for some reason (IMHO).

3) Change the 'apply' buttons to make them a bit more professional - a different font will probably have a great effect on this, however.

4) The logo of the two circles that features prominently in your favourite icon, I reckon, should make an appearance in the main site logo in order to improve consistency.

5) The rounded corners of the blue box in the bottom left don't seem to match the feel of the rest of the site (IMHO).

I hope this helps! :D

Steven

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.