request help with hyperlinking flat file output...

slashpine

hi, I hope this is easy for you folks...

I currently have a script attached to a user application page that logs the following data:

fwrite($hFile,date("l, F jS Y - H:i:s-").($ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']).($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']));

Is there an easy way to hyperlink (add anchor tags) to the "$_SERVER[HTTP_REFERER]" output?

Currently the output file is plain text...I had been just including the text file into an HTML doc set to refresh itself to monitor the log...but I would like to be able to just click the referer link if it's possible...I think I can reset the flat file script to output as HTML rather than txt ?

anyone?

umm...

<?php
$refLink = '<a href="' . $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] . '">Referer</a>'; 
fwrite($hFile,date("l, F jS Y - H:i:s-").($ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']).($refLink));
?>

If it is displayed as text, it will just be the a href deal, if it is displayed as html should show up as a link.

Basic html...

<?php
$lineData = "<tr><td>" . date("l, F jS Y - H:i:s-"). "</td><td>" . ($ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']) . "</td><td>" . '<a href="' . $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] . '">Referer</a></td></tr>'; 
fwrite($hFile,);
?>

You will need <table> tag somewhere before the first line and a </table> somewhere after the last line.

Or simply display it wrapped in <pre> tags

can you elaborate?

<?php
$lineData = date("l, F jS Y - H:i:s-"). "\t" . ($ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']) . "\t" . '<a href="' . $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] . '">Referer</a>'.PHP_EOL; 
fwrite($hFile,$lineData);

$fileData = file_get_contents('./logFile.txt');
echo '<pre>';
echo $fileData;
echo '</pre>';

?>

can you elaborate?

<?php
$lineData = date("l, F jS Y - H:i:s-"). "\t" . ($ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']) . "\t" . '<a href="' . $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] . '">Referer</a>'.PHP_EOL; 

echo '<pre>';

echo $fileData;
echo '</pre>';

?>

That won't work for me...this scripts runs at the bottom of a public query results page...the output

of the script is not meant for the public to see...

can you elaborate?

<?php

echo '<pre>';

echo $fileData;
echo '</pre>';

?>

That won't work for me...this scripts runs at the bottom of a public query results page...the output

of the script is not meant for the public to see...

OK, to rephrase:-

In the script where you write to the log:

<?php
?>

In the script where you read the log:

<?php
echo '<pre>';
echo $fileData;
echo '</pre>';
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.