Snipiti.com - Compatibility testing

jeremyapp

Hey, I'd appreciate if you guys wouldn't mind taking a look at the entry page for a project I've been working on - It's an online community for searching and sharing source code snippets.  We're currently running a sweepstakes where people will submit their snippets and a randomly selected winner gets a cash prize.

I've tried to make the entry page as simple as possible so that the main point is clear.  Keep in mind that this is not the main site, just a page that explains that we're in beta and that the sweepstakes is going on.

If you guys wouldn't mind, please take a look at it and let me know if the slider animation works for you, if the layout looks okay, and then follow some links and make sure everything looks in order.  I know it works, but I just want to make sure that the cross-browser experience is the same.

You can find the site at this address:  http://www.snipiti.com.

Thanks!

Thanks, the "swoosh" effect is called "coda scroll" - it's a JQuery plugin that we modified a little bit.

As for the database error - I'm not sure what to make of that.  I checked out the site and it seems to be okay.  In fact, the framework we use has some pretty descriptive errors, so it seems strange that message would come up at all.  Let me know if anyone else gets that message.

It's working now. :)

I like the site, very simple and attractive. I also like the "swoosh" effect, gotta love jQuery. Good to see it works without JavaScript enabled as well, although it's no where near as attractive.

Suggestion, like the header image to the home page. There are no links on the submit a snippet page. I prefer clicking links then my back button.

Oh and why not find another jQuery plugin to make the Official Rules popup look cooler?

Looking good though. If I had a snippet I would submit it. :P

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.