Please critique my website

tarpleyc

I just redesigned my website and I still have a high bounce rate. People are accessing it through the proper keywords that I have. I am a computer technician and the keywords they are using are computer repair, computer service, data recovery etc etc. I perform all of it. I need to see why I am not catching their eye and being contacted. Any help would be appreciated. My URL is http://cornerstonepcrepair.com/

Thank You

I hope you don't take this the wrong way....  Gonna be honest.

Your site doesn't look very tech savvy.  It looks 10 years old.  The nav bars are big and clunky, and they're just plain colors.  Your logo is pretty bad too.

If I were looking for a computer person, I would expect his/her site to be very impressive.

I agree, if I were to see your website I would most probably turn right around and look at the next site I see on my Google search.

* Your header is confusing, I prefer to specify an object I want to grap my audiences attention, then have much smaller titles underneath.

* The text font doesn't appear to by consistent. (Might be my linux rig)

* Make your website validate.

* Whilst the nav bar links are bulky, the nav bar hasn't got loads of space. You could maximise your content area by placing your links horizontally underneath the header area.

* Consider using a favicon.

Just remember, your website is in most cases what a potential customer is going to see first as far as your business is concerned, they will judge you on this, therefore it has to be spot on.

Take all advice positively, keep working on it, but most importantly, if you are really serious about doing this and you feel that you cannot quite do it, hire someone to do it for you.

ILMV

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.