php to microsoft word ?

Alicia

Hi guys,

I would like to convert the output i generated with my php mysql (while loop) content with text, tables and images to microsoft word after a click.. how can I accomplish this ? I did try to search online but couldnt find any solutions yet.

Hope to hear some advise from you guys soon. thanks..

How can I open the php generated html tag in microsoft word like you suggested ? we dont really need an online microsoft word.. what we want is only open the microsoft word we have installed in our local computer and edit the data we have generated by using php (images and text sourced from database)

please advise

The Microsoft word document formant itself is a proprietary thing that I believe is copyright from exact duplication (Sorta like certain drugs have copy rights until a generic comes out)

You need to build your files in a suitable analog such as RTF or Open Office or XML that word can read with some success.

The Microsoft word document formant itself is a proprietary thing that I believe is copyright from exact duplication (Sorta like certain drugs have copy rights until a generic comes out)

You need to build your files in a suitable analog such as RTF or Open Office or XML that word can read with some success.

MS had to release all of their file formats for some reason or other.  I would assume with having to release them, they also had to allow people to use them.  I could be wrong though.  I just know they were court ordered to write papers on [some of] their formats.

Its something like that

I know there was a big thing over this big new print to pdf era that has come about and adobe didn't have the proper licensing on the file format to protect it.

You can know how a word document is made and the structure of it in the binaries etc., but you do not have the legal right to reproduce the documents from nothing.

I.e

<?php

Make_Word_Doc($filename,$content);
?>

And have it produce the binaries of a .doc/.docx file

You can do it to make a .rtf/.xml/.txt because those are open file formats

You can make it a .docx but you can not make it into a "word document" meaning proper file structure.

This is all to the best of my knowledge with no googling so it may be wrong

docx is now an ISO standard (%#$@%^) and is under MS 'Open Specification Promise' ("Microsoft irrevocably promises not to assert any Microsoft Necessary Claims against you for making, using, selling, offering for sale, importing or distributing any implementation to the extent it conforms to a Covered Specification […]") so you can download its specs and do your own tool using it. They promise not to sue you. :)

Alicia: Save output of your script using your browser, then open it in MS Word. That's most likely going to look crappy, but other than that should work.

Wow it sounds like Microsoft actually had a decent format with the .<blah>x's.

The HTML route would be easiest....  Just store HTML in a file and have the user download it or something (or write HTML to the browser and send download headers), and then they can open it in word.

actually what i am looking for is open the ms office word i have in my computer to edit the output i see from the web page (generated by php and mysql) before i save it in document format.. i dont really need an online version of ms word.. we do have valid license for the ms word, so that is not really the issue.. the issue is how i can pass all the web content to my ms word in a single click?? :D

In a single one you can't. You will need as much as 5 (on my system)

Open your webpage in browser, select File->Save As, select location to save and click save

Open your MS Word, select File->Open, browse to the location where you saved your file, and open it.

The results might be disappointing if the webpage has complicated layout.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.