[SOLVED] Search Engine RE-Direct

bruckerrlb

Hello,

I'm trying to create a script where the following conditions apply:

A user enters a random page (not home page) on my site through a search engine

When that condition has been met, I'd like for the following to happen:

User is re-directed to home page

Does anyone know of a script for this or is it controlled in htaccess. I'd like my site to be crawled by the search engines, and found, it's just that I'm working with lightwindow and using html snippet type pages (pages without the rest of the page format) for the light window to pop up, and if a user clicks on let's say the management page from a search engine, it'll be ugly and confusing, so I'd like to re-direct them to the home page since I only have three pages, and the majority of my information contained within the three pages is controlled by light window.

You can use javascript.  You can check where the user came from using document.referrer.  You will have to play around with it and come back with a specific question.  There may be an easier way but not to my knowledge.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.