wtf is system.byte[]

Brian W

Okay, my co-worker who is an ASP developer has the entire office shitting bricks cuz the boss is shitting bricks. We moved a website onto our server yesterday seemingly without issues but not entirely without (of course)...

Though he is using ASP, this sounds like a mysql problem sorta.

What used to display First, middle, and last name and a float delimited by commas with something like CONCAT_WD(' ', Firstname, Middle, Last, Hours)  now errors saying "system.byte[]".

What makes me think this is a mysql issue is that it worked on the old server which was running an older version of MySql, ODBC, and IIS6. Now it is on a system with the latest a greatest versions of mysql, ODBC and even IIS7. Huge environment changes like this make me paranoid... god bless testing the water and such but we didn't catch this bug till it hit production.

Any ideas? Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.