[SOLVED] question about making a table cell a link to a php script

dub_stylee

Hello all, I have been trying to make a cell in an HTML table into a link.  Basically, I want to make it so that if I click on an album title, it will run a PHP script called processalbum.php with the album title as input.  I know I will have to use the GET method for this, but I'm not sure how to accomplish such a thing without a FORM.  But I don't need any input from the user, so I don't think I should need a FORM.  Here is the link (which doesn't quite work):

<td bgcolor = '#FFFFFF'><a href = 'processalbum.php?'.$album_name><font face = 'arial' size = '2'>$album_name</a></font></td>

Any ideas??  Thanks!

Brian

You're welcome!

gevans - I believe your code is wrong because you're using single quotes - that would parse the $album_name as it is without adding the variable content into the equation.

He is using single quotes for the href etc, the main echo uses double quotes. It will parse it correctly.

Didn't notice that - my bad - half 3 in the morning here :(

I would have written this though...

<?php
echo '<td style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><a href="processalbum.php?album_name='.$album_name.'"><span style="font: 14px arial">'.$album_name.'</span></a></td>';
?>

Maybe a little overkill but I'm off to bed shortly...

If it was my code I would've done this;

<?php
echo "<td style=\"background-color: #FFFFFF\"><a href=\"processalbum.php?album_name=$album_name\"><span style=\"font: 14px arial\">$album_name</span></a></td>";
?>

But, each to their own!!

Yea, 3:30 tell me about it!! :)

I've always wondered why escape the slashes hiding the variables?

Can make debugging slightly more tricky when you're scrolling through lines of code and the variables are hidden. Don't know about you but my text editor colors everything differently so the variables stand out - I use Edit+

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.