xboxpremiumthemes.com would like opinions

skatermike21988

OK, I'm working on a new project. Here's a little description: When microsoft updated the xbox last month they upgraded the xbox dashboard themes also, for those that don't know what the dashboard is it is like your PC desktop, and the themes are like the background. Well they raised prices on said themes but there currently is no way possible to preview before you buy asides from googleing and digging through forum posts. So I'm making a site to provide users with screenshots. So I just registered my domain Saturday and have a basic layout. Of course I'll be doing some rearranging etc. But i want to know how people feel about the overall look of the site so far. It is currently only one page. So there are no links at the moment. My plan is to define a layout that's appealing before going onto functionality. Anyways here is the link. I appreciate all feedback.

http://www.xboxpremiumthemes.com/site

well with the colors i'm trying to go with some xbox related colours. the dark gray header is from a popup when a friend is online, something finished downloading, an achievement unlocked etc. and the gold and silver are from the different types of xbox live accounts. gold for paying, silver for free. I do agreewith the font colors, just trying to figure out what would look attractive, but simple

Certainly change the font! Times New Roman is just ugly on web pages, reminds me so much of Front Page!

As Maq said the color scheme doesn't fit - fair dos they are colors from X-box but doesn't necessarily mean they go together. There are a lot of web based tools out there that can help you get a nice palate of colors to use! Just Google "color scheme generator" or something...

The header looks a little cramped! Perhaps expand that a little, and make the corners smaller? In a big contrast the main content area has too much spacing!

I don't own an X-box so I have no idea what it's like to try and preview a theme but if that's the only way - by searching through forums and stuff - have a good idea to generate some traffic!

Adam

Hi,

Well I like the avatar. That's about it though. This does not look like a professional site. You need to consider some basic design rules: focus, contrast, colour etc. Don't use capitalised text except in a few label type places, even box headers are too much; people won't read them.

Graphically the site needs work, the round edges are pixelated and the green/yellow/grey thing just doesn't work. Seriously lose the faded in the middle gradient.

HTML wise do not use <font> it is depreciated. Try looking through similar sites or templatemonster or web design awards sites to get ideas for colours and layouts. Read lots on HTML and graphic design.

Sorry to be kind of negative but if I told you it was good I would not be doing you any favours.

Martin

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.