Help with SEO, I'm baffled....

stublackett

Hi,

I'm Web Master for http://www.toquesnuff.com/

The software that runs the shop is ClickCart Pro Software and it has an SEO option built into it. Which I have enabled and its made all the .php pages more search engine friendly. But what I'm struggling with is, When you do a google or yahoo search for "snuff" - The website is sitting waaaaaaaaay down the results, Something like page 10 or 11 before the index page is referenced, Obviously if you search for "Toque Snuff" The site is the top result. Its strange as I've tried and tried with SEO on this one. Site map is up, I've modded the Description, Changed some Keywords around and all sorts

Some info you may need...

Description

Toque Snuff Store: Buy snuff direct. Snuff accessories such as Toque snuff T Shirts and Caps. With unique snuff flavours such as, Pomegranate, Christmas Pudding, Chocolate, Cherry, St Clements, Honey & Whisky, Toffee, Vanilla and many more. Smokeless tobacco and tobacco free snuff.

Key Words

toque snuff,buy toque snuff online,toque snuff uk,toque snuff store,toque snuff tins,toque snuff tobacco,nasal snuff,snuff, snuff bullets,snuff accessories,smokeless tobacco,snuff tabacco,snuff film,snuffers,snuff videos,snuff box,snuff tabs,lyrics,n

Also the PageRank is "2" at the minute

Am I missing something glaringly obvious here!?

You should have backlinks with that keyphrase in pointing at your index page to enhance your rankings. Adding keywords and description tags won't do this for you. You have about 7 backlinks from poor sources.

Your index page is sparse on text content, mainly graphics so there is nothing for Google to understand what is on the document.

I would recommend an SEO book for you to understand the main SEO concepts.

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately, on site optimization has never been "less" important. All though you should still do it to leverage all inbound links. If you want to be successful with SEO you have to link build during normal tasks. Like in signatures and social conversations you may be having.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.