Make the "Solved" button easier to spot?

lol,

I tend to agree -well sort of.

I thought it would be easier to have it next to the reply/notify/send this topic/print buttons at the top - because thats where ( personally ) my post editing comes in, top right of the post.    So by having it at the top of the page ( even on the left) - it means that on longer threads its easier for the original poster to go topic sovled.

The other thing is that it might be handy to have it in quick edit || edit for the original poster - so that when it is solved and they reply (ie: "thanks, ended up being mysql wasnt running"sort of thing) - they dont have to then go back into the post to be able to mark it as solved - its all through the same page to sort of "finish off" the topic?

Anwyay - thats my 2 cents worth

I think your all missing the point here.

Is it in PHP Freaks interest to have more of the solved threads marked as solved?  So that you can start getting stats on the amount of people helped on the site?  I would imagine it is.

Obvisouly where the button is blindingly obvious to you, other users and now myself, however as a new user it is hard to spot or they may not even know it is there to click in the first place.  I certainly didnt spot it for a while.

So imagine if when you posted a topic, and people replied, in the window where the reply was there was a button that said this "This post answered my question", use clicks it, topic is solved.

Anyway it was just a suggestion and not meant to a conversation about my ability to spot buttons.

Obvisouly where the button is blindingly obvious to you, other users and now myself, however as a new user it is hard to spot or they may not even know it is there to click in the first place.  I certainly didnt spot it for a while.

That's why one should read the stickies that tell such information. Stickies are there to be read. They often contain important information and the answers to questions that have been asked a lot.

I have to agree with dmccabe. Sometimes people come here only to have the odd question solved and aren't interested in spending time reading stickies, looking for solved buttons, etc. Someone won't waste more than a few seconds looking for a button, that really doesn't effect them, when they want to get back to their work.

However as they reply to say.. "Cheers, worked!" - which most people do - if there was a quick check box or something there for them to tick, I'm sure a lot more of the solved topics would actually be classed as solved...

A

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.