Opinions on my site please

ezyauctionz.co.nz

* Colour scheme is very weak, doesn't grab my attention

* Doesn't validate http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ezyauctionz.co.nz%2F

If this is for proof of your technical knowledge then fine, but I hope you're not trying to run a business out of this. People pay eBay not because there aren't other auction platforms available, but because it works well and has a massive audience.

I won't comment on the design structure, as most sites don't open correctly on my rig.

ILMV

Thank you for your feedback.

Yes it is for business, ebay is not used in my country, there is a large site in existence here, but they charge like a wounded bull... and people are trying to fine somewhere better.

It looks like I will have to encode all those urls so they validate.

Fair point :D

Yes URLs need to be encoded to ensure they don't upset the validator.

What country are you form?

ILMV

• 3 weeks later...

To be completely honest, it appeared to be a testing site... to show the functionality only - with very little time spent on the design. Work on making the layout flow together better. The header image looks like an advertising button someone would put in a signature... the height is fine, just make it the width of the site. And you don't need to expand the text in the header at all... just expand the background of the header. Incorporate the "Why pay?..." and "Fast, Free..." into the header image as well (make sure to have the text in the source - for search engines and screen readers).

As for the content, make everything fit together better. Right now, all of the boxes are different widths and have a different style to them. Some have borders, others have backgrounds, and others have nothing at all. Just adding a few borders and backgrounds would spruce this site up quite a bit... and images would do even more. Just stick with the basic look and fit the puzzle together a little more snug.

Other than that, the general layout looks fine. Just needs some widths and colors set. Once you've done that, you should be all set. Best of luck to you!

I tried to register so i could peruse the site to give you feedback, but it doesn't like folks from Canada...<grin>. However, what I can say is that your home page has a whole lot of links, seems a bit busy and you have no real header / logo / banner to grab the users attention... One last thing, I know you didn't ask but your website address doesn't convey trust...EZY is meant to be easy right? Or is EZY some NZ term I am not familiar with? If it's supposed to mean easy, I would be fearful of buying from a site which such a questionnable name, but hey that's just me.

Hope this helps, didn't mean to pick on you too hard but you asked.

all i can say the site looks like a scam and i wouldn't trust it to babysit my pet rock

try using vector maps so you don't get pixalted images.

dont use The JOIN NOW! star that looks like the 50% off sale sticker you find in cheap store like Biglots.

hey does your site let people sell them selves on it... (just making my point it looks like a scam website thats gonna take all your money and your name and buy a house in Mexico and start dealing drugs over the internet with all your personal information...)

Oh and i dont have a pet rock FYI

not too keen on the colours... and looks a bit "dated" however it seems to be serving it's purpouse...

why are there two different fonts on the homepage? i would say get rid of the serif font and stick with the verdana or whatever sans serif you have used... that will help.

few articles on colour theory...

http://www.webdesign.org/web/web-design-basics/color-theory/

well done on a good site though!

IMHO just needs a spring clean!!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.