PHP Marketting Regarding lekage of codings......

siddscool19

I was just a little concerned about selling my php script. I have created a script and I want to sell it. But the problem is I have a fear that the codings would get leaked. Also I can't use any powerful encoder since I can't purchase it :(

Hope so you can suggest me ways for safe marketting :)

Ohk thanks

One more question I want to ask. I have quite a good knowledge of php lets say more than basics atleast but not at the top. I want to know how should i go in more deep knowledge of php...

Should I read some books?If yes could u suggest some if u don't mind :)

I am asking here since I don't want to create a new topic for it :)

If you say i would create a new topic :)

Here a free php encoding program never used it theo.

http://phpcoder.sourceforge.net/

The downfall off codding code is that most people want your code you have written,

i no that sounds crazy but most developers like to re configure your current project,

yes i no it crazy.

But thumb of rule, at least lock the clients sold script to there domain name.

To be honest so much cloning going on having somethink not out there ill be suprised but

competition is good.

You want to go deeper with php, Then your need to read more, and do more, with all the php function's and commands, If you are into php that heavly then you will sit on php.net for years.

it takes years upon years to no everythink.....

im trying to learn more myself...i would suggest, reading the help forum, thinking out a possible solution, reading the solutions...and if your interested in OO PHP, i suggest "PHP Object-Oriented Solutions" great book....and the tutorials on here are awesome also...just try to think out of the box sometimes, and get away from your "usual" thinking....just my thoughts... :-)

cheers!

Should I read some books?If yes could u suggest some if u don't mind :)

Zandstra, Matt. PHP Objects, Patterns, and Practice. Apress, 2007.

Gamma, Eric et al. Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software. Addison-Wesley, 1994.

Fowler, Martin. Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture. Addison-Wesley, 2002.

Weisfeld, Matt. The Object-Oriented Thought Process. Sams, 2003.

Norvig, Peter. "Teach Yourself Programming in Ten Years". 2001. <http://norvig.com/21-days.html>

Raymond, Eric. "How To Become A Hacker". 2001. <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html>  (not specifically programming, but you might find it informative anyway)

Hunt, Andrew; Thomas, David. The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master. Addison-Wesley, 1999.

In addition to that, try to help people in our help forums. You'll often learn by seeing other people's problems and try to fix them.

Some people recommend that you check out code other people wrote. If you do that then you must be really careful. There is some really bad code out there, and as a beginning programmer it might be difficult to distinct between good and bad code.

Some people recommend that you check out code other people wrote. If you do that then you must be really careful. There is some really bad code out there, and as a beginning programmer it might be difficult to distinct between good and bad code.

I find this even more so true for php compared to other languages just because of the shear number of people who think they can code just because there website works.  I mean i have seen freelance PHP Web developer's own website show up with warning/errors on them which is a true sign of someone who does not what what they are doing or just does not care.

About protecting your code, i think the best thing is to just legally copyright it and then try to prosecute people who break the license.  Personally i would not encode your code as that might put off some people since they would need to install the decoder on the server(and i would never buy anything that required me to install and decoder on my server unless the code provide something i would not get elsewhere or build myself and i have yet to find anything that i would want that does not fall into those 2 categories).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.