I Need Help Making server.atomicriot.com Point to Another Server...

pinacoladaxb

I own the domain atomicriot.com, which is hosted on hostmonster. I am running a server at home as well, which I want to use only for my online games that I make. My game server is opened on port 6121, on my ip (71.60.197.242). My goal is to allow people to connect to that server by typing in "server.atomicriot.com" rather than "71.60.197.242." In order to do this, I contacted hostmonster and they changed the A Record for server.atomicriot.com to 71.60.197.242.

Now my problem is that I cannot seem to connect to the server when typing in "server.atomicriot.com." am getting an error that says that the connection was attempted on something that is not a socket. In addition, here's what happens in my Terminal Application (macs only) when I type in "ping server.atomicriot.com":

PING server.atomicriot.com (71.60.197.242): 56 data bytes

36 bytes from c-71-60-197-242.hsd1.pa.comcast.net (71.60.197.242): Destination Host Unreachable

Vr HL TOS  Len  ID Flg  off TTL Pro  cks      Src      Dst

4  5  00 5400 afcb  0 0000  40  01 b1ea 10.0.1.197  71.60.197.242

Can someone please help me correct this problem? Thanks.

-Adam

Note -

this post is an extension of THIS TOPIC, which I marked as solved a while ago. You don't need to read, however, to help me. :)

I went to the domain, and all I got was a blank page, of course on the port you have listed above. My home server has a domain that is pointed to my server from servage's servers but, I cannot load my website using the domain, when I am on my network, I have to use the host name, "megatron". I have no idea why, and it just changed on me all of a sudden, but that might be your problem, try loading the website from a different computer off your network.

I went to the domain, and all I got was a blank page, of course on the port you have listed above. My home server has a domain that is pointed to my server from servage's servers but, I cannot load my website using the domain, when I am on my network, I have to use the host name, "megatron". I have no idea why, and it just changed on me all of a sudden, but that might be your problem, try loading the website from a different computer off your network.

You probably don't care at this point, but if you ever wanted to use the full domain name, you could just modify your hosts file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts) to have your host name redirected to megatron.

You probably don't care at this point, but if you ever wanted to use the full domain name, you could just modify your hosts file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts) to have your host name redirected to megatron.

lol its a linux server!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.