PHP Remote File Management System 2.1.0

bobbfwed

This is a program I have written which allows for multiple users and gives any of the users access to use the most common file-system functionality (copy/cut/rename) to any file on the server. It also goes beyond that and allows users to be restricted to viewing certain directories or even certain files. File ownership is taken into account allowing users to restrict others from accessing or editing their files (but does not apply to admins of course).

Admins have complete control over each users' ability to read, write, edit, or delete files and directories. I'm hoping for some people to give me some pointers on where the program should go from here. Any advice on security problems would be quite useful as well.

You can download the program here: http://sourceforge.net/project/platformdownload.php?group_id=136826 installing is simple (run the fm_setup.php script) and there is a good amount of documentation in the README.

And you can post any bugs or feature requests here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/filemanage/ but posting them here on this forum would be plenty for me.

I am working on getting a demo site up, but have run into some hosting problems. But of course, the vast majority of features are only usable when you yourself are an admin within the system (which would not be possible with the demo site).

Yes I agree, I cannot say for everyone, I simply cannot be bothered to download, install and configure a script.

If you have a hosting account pop it on there, then provide a link and username / password.

ILMV

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.