Web backup / Cron

matfish

Hi there,

Is there a way of .zipping or .taring up /srv/www/htdocs in a .sh script? I can then add it to a cron on a weekly basis as a backup routine?

I've tried a few but if they hit a file which is CHMODed to 0 then it stops.

Many thanks

Thanks all.

There were only a few files chmodded to 0 - this was to stop users viewing these old pages but I didn't want to delete them.

I've backed them up so the site is chmod 0 free and the scripts work fine now.

Thanks for your help

I like duplicity for my backups.

Duplicity backs directories by producing encrypted tar-format volumes and uploading them to a remote or local file server. Because duplicity uses librsync, the incremental archives are space efficient and only record the parts of files that have changed since the last backup. Because duplicity uses GnuPG to encrypt and/or sign these archives, they will be safe from spying and/or modification by the server.

I like duplicity for my backups.

Duplicity backs directories by producing encrypted tar-format volumes and uploading them to a remote or local file server. Because duplicity uses librsync, the incremental archives are space efficient and only record the parts of files that have changed since the last backup. Because duplicity uses GnuPG to encrypt and/or sign these archives, they will be safe from spying and/or modification by the server.

Oooo I like it.  Next time I have the need for something like that, I shall use it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.