[SOLVED] Tutorial Views

I've just noticed that Tutorial Views increment on every page of that tutorial, so if 100 people read a 5 page tutorial it gets 500 views.

I'd suggest only incrementing the tutorial when the first page is accessed. I'm now on page 3 of the Regular Expressions (which is a good read), but still on my first view of the tutorial....

Fair point, personally even if I went directly to page 3, the chances are I'd find my way on page 1 rather than going through from a mid way point.

An over the top solution would be to only allow an ip to increment the total once within say a 30 minute period. In all fairness this isn't a hugely important point, just something I noticed!

I recall something along those lines being mentioned, as well.  I don't remember why that was rejected, nor can I think of anything off the top of my head why it should be.  As someone who has submitted several tutorials, I too think that the numbers are kind of bloated, and would rather see more realistic numbers.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.