LIMIT Join

dreamwest

I need to limit and order  this join by id (primary key) to 40 queries is there a way i can do this??

Is this even possible??

$query = "SELECT gallery_import.*, video.* ".
"FROM gallery_import, video ".
"WHERE gallery_import.description_import = video.title ORDER BY `video`.`id` DESC  LIMIT 40";
$result = mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());

no errors....its just buggy keeps overwriting values i dont want it to , maybe its how the query is structured.....but your right the limit works

The reason i have to modify it is because it taking over 7 minuets to execute, and my site is database driven so i cant acess the site while the scripts running, and i need to run this every 20mins

Bit stuck with the INDEX creation, heres what ive got

mysql_query("CREATE INDEX description_index ON gallery_import(description_import)")
or die(mysql_error()); 

but im getting this error:

BLOB/TEXT column 'description_import' used in key specification without a key length

gallery_import is the table name

Oh my... joining on BLOB fields... no wonder it is slow...

CREATE INDEX description_index ON gallery_import(description_import(indexLength))

Instead of indexLength put number of characters you want to have indexed.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.