CMS is broken?

Kayden

I recently had to update a page, and subsequently, a link to a file on the webserver. There was no hyperlink button on the CMS editor, so I went to HTML mode and edited the link that way. Curious, I looked at the folder for the website and saw a CMS folder. Inside I saw a "pics" folder with a hypelink button image in it. So I figure there has to be an easy way to change the links. (Non HTML-knowing people need to be able to do this.) After looking in all the folders in the CMS directory, I found no documentation or indication of source/creator.

This is a picture of the CMS interface: http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9214/cmstd2.jpg

Does anyone know what it is, how to fix it, or some other way to resolve my issue?

Sounds like your paths may have been messed up. Do you use relative or absolute?

Is this an issue with the WYSIWYG editor on it's on? What editor are you using? Have you checked their support site to see if anyone had similar issues?

As best I know, everything is relative.

I have no information on the CMS editor.  I can't find a readme or anything.  I can't even find a copyright in the code.

If I knew that information, I'd be asking whoever made it.  I'd ask the contractors that set it up, but due to some sort of fallout that I have zero understanding of (much like PHP itself) that isn't really an option either. 

So I came here hoping someone could enlighten me.  Is there a CMS editor that's easy to set up and teach computer illiterate people to use?  The broken CMS really doesn't bother me, but people that don't understand HTML have to be able to use it.

TinyMCE is the best WYSIWYG that I know of. Works great, as how to implement or if you could use it in place of the other one I do not know. Without code it is hard to say.

You may try changing the relative paths to absolute and see if that works.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.