How do I build this custom idea in PHP?

geektasic

Hey all!

I have experience with front end PHP, but i'm now looking to build on what I have learnt.

I basically want to build a PHP & MYSQL driven database website which will do the following:

1) Lets a user sign up to an account - Adds all information to a database

2) Once logged in, the user can blog, use a forum and customise their own personal web page. On the users personal web page, they can upload video/pictures and also blog.

I'm not looking for a facebook clone, more of a personal blog/webpage service. No friend invites needed.

I believe (correct me if i'm wrong) that this PHP technique is called "bridge".

Does anyone know a simple, secure script which will allow me to do this type of thing?

I know this is a very vague question, but if you could help that would be great.

Thanks

Sam

This is way too vague and there are examples all over the place.  Here are two popular ones,  Drupal & Joomla!

Does anyone know a simple, secure script which will allow me to do this type of thing?

Are these 2 CMS's simple?  No, but that's a relative question.  Are they secure?  Yes. 

If these are too complicated or large for you then you may want to build your own.

Also, you said 2 different things:

I basically want to build a PHP & MYSQL driven database website

and

Which one?  Do you want to build your own or implement and modify an existing CMS?

If you plan using a public script, especially joomla keep a few sites that release exploits(milw0rm.com for example) on an rss feed.

It will give you time to cripple an exploit untill an official patch is released (if they even do).

But of course dont do that if nobody is ever going to see the site.

Sorry if the site I posted breaks any rules on the forum. I dont agree with the ethic there, but its a good resource....

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.