Multiple SSL Sites

Brian W

I'm not very familiar with the terms used or the way things are done when it comes to networking... so here are my needs and my problem.

What we have is:

*2 static IPs from our ISP (Cox)

*2 SSL sites on the same MS2008 Server with IIS7 (only 1 works)

*Motorola Surfboard Modem

*Cisco WRT160N Router (looking to upgrade, further details below)

*and a 24 port Switch

What we need is to get the SSL sites both working at the same time. We are looking at adding more SSL sites down the line but not sure how many. My understanding is that foreach SSL Cert we need a unique public IP. Like I said, we already have 2 IPs.

What I need to know is what do I need for hardware to rout those two public IPs into different internal IPs. From there, I think I can handle it, but can't seem to find out exactly what kind of router I need or other solution to get the public IPs to their own internals.

Any advice is appreciated.

It's not a viable solution anyway. My post was more like an FYI. It may or may not be supported by IIS7, I don't know.

The technology that makes it possible, SNI (server name identification), is only supported on Vista's IE7 and above (i.e. not in XP's IE7). Again, it's a Microsoft product that is hindering progression.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.