Create Joomla site

anu123

Hi All

I need to develop a site using Joomla 1.5. The site contains product categories, subcategories, sub sub...categories and the product list under each category. A product mangemnt area to mange products and their categories. The site list the product catalog, according to the category selected. An important feature i need while adding the product , is the swatch selector(easy selection of product colors) .

I do not need payment integration in the site.

Can anyone suggest me with a suitable tool or joomla extension with these requirements.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really what you need is Zen-cart (http://www.zen-cart.com) I develop extensively in both of Joomla and Zen-Cart.  Since you don't require payment integration into the site (which is totally available) you can change the mode of the system to show case if you like, turning off the payment features.  You can have unlimited categories, subcategories.  In regards to color selection, Zen-Cart has an excellent attribute system, allowing you to create any attributes such as color size etc. for your products to include attribute images that can be displayed.

Zen-Cart has a wonderful and very helpful user community and in addition to the tons of built in features/functions, there are huge number of contributions available to you for download.

I hope that is helpful to you.

Ruth

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.