Check out my website

bahamas86

The images are a little stretched/contorted? I only resize images from the corner handles(in almost any kind of graphics program), then you won't change the overall image, just the size.

You may not need the flash in the header, that could just be static. Just a suggestion though.

Not too bad. I really like the read you used in the header title, but so much in the main section behind the white text. That may not matter to someone else.

Good luck my friend.

nice website, really gets u in the holiday mood.

although u might wanna create a iframe and put the music in there, since its being cut off when i click a link other then the HOME link.

in me eyes playing a song on a website without users having accepted it is a big nono, same like popups shooting up from everywhere, lucky you dont have that.

further than that, really good job.

Umm, well, I'm sorry, but I don't like it all that much.  It looks very dated, and the colors don't work too well.  It's very boxy. =X

The markup looks okay, but you need to fix the one remaining validation error for XHTML Transitional or the 9 errors for XHTML Strict.  Also, you have like 3 strange characters (looks like a BOM) in the beginning of your markup and site as it loads.

Also, what is the purpose of the random white space on the sides of the red center content area?  And I find the background image to be distracting, too.

You should look at some popular modern sites and read some design blogs to get a feel for how to make your site look more modern.

I would have to agree with the last comment. Its a bit blocky, I think the problem is because of the nice flowing background image which has curves, and gradients of colours doesnt go with the main page. The main page is one big block. Also the red doesnt go with the blue sea. But the red and white go together nicely. If you want it to blend you might want to think about breaking the sharp edges of the main page. How you achieve that is somthing that limits my designs, I find it tricky incorperating different graphics within the same elements which is what is needed to do that kind of thing. As well as extra spans/divs to add the graphics. I usually stick to web 2.0 style because its simple and looks clean. Although im stil amaturish at it.

The image of one guy on the bio page is stretched too. Might want to scale it correctly. Also you have a BOM. I think thats what they are called, in the code.

Hope this was constructive critisism.

thanks for your honesty Darkwater and fry2010....

I've been questioning the color scheme also. What colors would you suggest? A blue of some sort? As for the block problem, I agree...round is in...so I can fix that.  I've also noticed that characters when I load that page but when I check the code in the editor...I can't find it? I don't know why...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.