Looking for Open Source Blog Software

Azarian

I am looking for recommendations for open source blog software.  Basically I want something dirt simple that is pretty basic, no frills type of thing.  I want to be able to add my own php scripts, and edit the blog software to work with my site, without having to spending months decoding someones else code to make everything work well.

Usually the point of something premade is for it to have frills.  You could try Wordpress, but some people say it's bloated, so chances are, it will have 'frills.'

If you want something super basic, you could of course code it your self.

If you want something super basic, you could of course code it your self.

I was trying to save coding it myself as option 2.  I much prefer to get the blog part up quick and come back later and mess with it.  I have tried word press and I am not that impressed.  Seems like an over engineered solution for a not that complicated of problem or at least for me it is.  I know people who swear by wordpress.

Why not WordPress? If you already have an idea for a theme, and you're used to making themes, you can skin it in like 15-30mins..

But as mentioned, if this doesn't work, you can just code your own.. might take a bit longer than 15-30mins though  ;D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.