define text colour within php help

supergrame

Font tags should no longer be used in favour of css but anyways, to demonstrate the proper php syntax it would be....

$var = "<font colour text=\"red\">text</font>";

or

$var = '<font colour text="red">text</font>';

or

$var = '<font colour text=\'red\'>text</font>';

or

$var = "<font colour text='red'>text</font>";

thank you,

if i did my hole page with css i would have a css file bigger than my site lol. i have uses some css only for like divs and some text area fields and body, but that's what i don't get with css is it meant to be a really long page of code or am i doing something wrong.

sorry of massive topic change

yes, reeeeaaaaallly long, it should be an index of every styling choice on your webpage, so you can easily reference the different classes and ids, which in the end helps simplify your code...

you think your css file would be long, you should see some of the commonly used framework php class definitions

well all it was is class="error" cant be used as a class?!?!? but when i changed it to error1 everthing was good

i have added the text-alighn: center; property to .error and is still does not center is that becuase im putting that into a variable or some other reason.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.