hacked ipod touch/iphones

MasterACE14

I'm sure alot of you who possess a ipod touch or iphone have probably jail broken it  :P

I am curious as to whether anyone has been able to get PHP 5.2 and a web server to work successfully on theirs?

I have a web server app downloaded from cydia, can't remember what it's called. It just needs to be configured once downloaded and installed, and I have PHP 5.2 on my ipod touch. SQLite is standard with the ipod touch/iphone.

The problem is getting the web server and PHP to work together.

So has anyone been able to get that working successfully?

and what is everyones favourite third party app's for the jail broken ipod touch or iphone?

Mine would have to be...

-VLC Media Player

-gpSPhone (game boy advance emulator)

-genesis (sega genesis emulator)

-doom 1

-quake 1

-MxTube

-gTxtEdit

-backgrounder

favourite source

-ZodTTD

Why would you want php running on an itouch or iphone...

That would just bog them down when it runs...just curious as it seems more of a "yes I can do it" rather than "this is a great feature that I will use a lot".

Why would you want php running on an itouch or iphone...

That would just bog them down when it runs...just curious as it seems more of a "yes I can do it" rather than "this is a great feature that I will use a lot".

<sigh> QFT.  Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.  Come back with something useful kkthxbai <-- my attempt to relate to the young crowd.

Feel free to not answer this if you percieve it as rude, but how much do you get paid for moderating a forum? Just out of curiosity.

haha we don't get paid at all.  It's volunteer work.  Not even the admin get paid anything.  The only income we get is from donations and whatever couple pennies come in from the ads, and that goes straight to the owner (eric) and it goes towards helping keep the server up (which afaik the income nowhere near matches the cost, but I'm pretty sure eric gets to write off the rest on taxes).

Feel free to not answer this if you percieve it as rude, but how much do you get paid for moderating a forum? Just out of curiosity.

Everyone here volunteers. All donations goes to server costs, which are pretty steep owning a server myself.

Ahaa how kind of you lol.

And wow, I didn't know they cracked the 2nd gen. Have you got a 2ng gen? I'd prefer to make sure it works before doing it on mine.

I'm not sure whether I should trust this Mexican guy explaining how to do it on youtube :P

And wow, I didn't know they cracked the 2nd gen. Have you got a 2ng gen? I'd prefer to make sure it works before doing it on mine.

I'm not sure whether I should trust this Mexican guy explaining how to do it on youtube :P

yeah I got the ipod touch 2nd gen.

The tutorial I used was on a website that I can't seem to find anymore. Wasn't a youtube video either lol, so many of those are fake.

This one here should work fine. Only took me about 10 mins to jail break it, and then 20 mins to resync everything lol.

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155816

It is great unlocking the potential of the ipod lol, Well worth it!

And don't worry about messing up your ipod. If it doesn't work and your ipod bricks(breaks), you can just connect it to your comp, open itunes and factory reset it, and your good to try again. Just make sure you backup your ipod before jail breaking it in case it doesn't work lol.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.