Is there any way to protect source code ?

Dizzee15

Yes, with Javascript you can code in a function to disable the "right" click. However it is easily by passed by turning off Javascript or a few tricks like holding the right mouse button then when you left click ok hold the right mouse button again and move it on the page and viola you get the menu. Or just View -> Source.

Anyhow someone in this forum should be able to help you, but you can google, "Javascript disable right click" and find an answer quicker.

Technically, I would not consider HTML source code. That is more like a template/median used to display data.

Then I better don't want protection like this. How to absolutely protect my WAP site ?

You cannot protect "html" unless you make the client install software of yours to view the website. Then it might be possible, however they could still potentially get the code.

Just out of curiosity, why is your HTML output so important to protect?

You could take a page out of google's book and use AJAX to display the full page, but this also requires javascript or the user cannot see the page. But if you go into gmail and view the source all you see is Javascript, nothing more. Other than doing that (which with a DOM viewer you may still be able to get the HTML, I do not know as I never tried) yea.

It's not HTML page, it's PHP and WML in one

First of all you cannot see any php source code as it is parsed server side and displayed to the client as HTML or whatever. Secondly why would you ever need to stop a client from viewing the HTML / WAP or whatever source code in their browser?

If you're trying to protect the full print out of java in the source code you can look into an external link for your script.  You can put it in a separate js file and deny viewing permissions but allow execute permissions for your servers web service.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.